1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

You can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'American Football' started by TTK, Sep 20, 2017.

1. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +547
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +653
    L.A. Spanoses sucuck.

3. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +547
    I guess I'll just put this here while I'm at it. I believe it's the same station who came up with "Doug Fauts". This station is the perfect station to be covering the Chargers:

[​IMG]

4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +653
    Two Ls in Phillip match the two Ls his shady-*** team has.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Meh... Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,567
    CRAP! WE GOT A NEW QB!!!!

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,476
    God, the verification of absolute incompetence is soooooo perfect!!

Maybe ownership's lawyers told them to call it the "RING OF EXECELLENCE"
    so if anyone tries to ever hold them accountable for providing a product that is so much less than excellent,
    they can point out: "Excellent? Oh no! We never said 'excellent'...we promised the far rarer 'execellence'!"

7. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Deano doing auditions.

8. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +960
    deans p anos

9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +990
    We have one of the worst PR groups in the NFL.. not a surprise..

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,018
    I am just wondering, is this the same PR department that was in San Diego, or is it some new firm? Too many PR mistakes, and it is a very critical time to be messing up.

11. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Cool, looks like a bunch Spanoses just graduated high school and needed jobs in the PR department this year.

12. Bristol University

Bristol University BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    "Commitment to Excrement"

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,263
    Commitment to the Asylum is more like it.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,567
    Apparently you can make it up, and they did...

15. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +527
    You guys are as bad as the anti-Trump media, seizing upon every little nothing as if it were something to try to throw shade upon an organization for whom you once cheered.

Just like they cannot come to terms with the reality almost a year later that Trump won and Clinton lost, you guys cannot come to terms with the fact that the Chargers have moved to Los Angeles and are not in San Diego any longer and so they and you latch on to every little thing to try to spin it into something so you all can lash out. Like them, you guys are big bunch of babies. You guys are not interested in the truth, only in whatever fits your lashing out agenda.

It is pitiful. Heck, pitiful does not even do it justice. If there were a word that meant more pitiful than pitiful, you guys would be that word.

We all make typographical and other errors in our posts from time to time. It would not take me long to review some of the posts you guys have made and find even more errors than what you guys are mocking in this thread.

What a stupid non-issue to be wasting your time discussing this is. Moving on....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,567
    Sorry Chain, but this is simply an ignorant post. Lacking in thought and wisdom.

Sure you can disagree with people over rooting for or against the Chargers now. Good on you.

But if you want to make such an ill conceived comparison, as looking at typos in a forum, by Joe fan, (or Joe ex-fan as applicable) and the myriad of typos and stupid mistakes made by a billion dollar organization, well that is simply laughable. People get fired in big business for making these types of mistakes. How many posters get fired?

Using text from last seasons media guide might normally work... Unless you say... just moved to a new city... But so far the "typographical" errors are piling up and representing the brand in a very detrimental manner, no matter what stupid comparisons you attempt to offer in order to excuse them. That has impact. Especially when you are trying to build a name, following and reputation in a place where many suggest you are not wanted. Do you in some manner refute that? You might want to take a moment and think about these things before hitting the post button. A big time lawyer such as yourself should be able to build a much better, well thought out case than this... just sayin...

So if this is seen as pitiful, or lower by you... rest assured that it is not going to cause me to miss a moments of sleep. But I do thank you for the laugh you provided me with...

Oh yeah, take your political butt hurt to the politics thread please.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +960
    this is not just about one typo as Chain suggests.....it is in line of errors and blunders that go back years with this organization under Spanos. The Game Day Magazine fiasco.....just a minor mistake? Cannon guy? Parking pricing? Decision to play 3 years in an amateurish soccer venue that is an embarrasment at best. That's just recent stuff. Go back to SD. "Chill Pill", marty/aj dysfunction mishandled (or just plain ignored til too late), norb hiring after Marty, seat guarantee taking advantage of the city (city stupid as well but Dean took advantage and screwed his own reputation in doing so), Fabiani badmouthing the city at every turn and threats by Spanus, hiring just about everyone in his family to take over the organization and make the crucial decisions. These are but a few,,,,there are so many more it's not even worth the time to go back thru all the history in SD and review it. This guy and his family are incompetent to be handling community relations....and ultimately it is what led to the selfish decision to exit from SD....there were no roots to the community developed, no goodwill. That stuff is crucial. Of course if you read the following you will know that Dean Spanos is just another one of the group of miscreants/scoundrels of which this outstanding article speaks. It isn't just a Spanus issue but Spanus is the face of it now....he's the 'face of the punching bag' as Lee Jenkins so adeptly stated. Check it out. EFF the NFL and EFF Spanus.

The NFL IS DEVOURING ITSELF. Great read. Link at the bottom.

Here is the paragraph that is a perfect description of why Spanus and the NFL badguy owners are so hated by the public, and it is an explanation of why such seemingling insignificant blunders are not insignificant at all but are symptoms of a much greater problem:

That approach towards maximizing your dollar with the bare minimum of effort became more sophisticated over time. As the league’s revenues boomed, they became something less like points of civic pride run as passion projects by the locally wealthy, and something more like attractive investment properties with a promising rate of return for billionaires — particularly those billionaires who entered the NFL as strangers to the league, but as intimate familiars of a corporate culture dependent on squeezing every profitable dollar, and trimming every wasteful one from the budget.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/19/1...s-owners-money

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +990
    This is going to hit a nerve with a lot of the San Diegians, but there is truth in this post. Harsh, yes, but true..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +634
    I think Chain is more Chainpuller than chaincrusher. Smells a lot like a sdc clone.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,567
    Oh Chain is not SDC... SEC was funny and cutting in his wit...

21. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +634
    Slandering people with vulgar inneundos is not witty. Even if a Chimp has a good arm, throwing feces is still throwing feces.

22. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +527
    First, to assist you in overcoming your lack of reading comprehension, I do not have any "political butt hurt".

Rather, I was discussing those that do as being the same as ex-Chargers fans who have butt hurt as both groups are reacting/acting in a remarkably similar fashion in "trumping up" (lending new meaning to "trumping up" in the process) the smallest issue and trying to turn it into their preferred and incessant Chicken Little, the sky is falling rant.

Second, of course, even minor errors should not be viewed favorably, but it is sheer idiocy to think that other sports teams do not make such errors. I have seen typographical errors at sporting events that I have attended. I have seen errors on scoreboards. I have seen the names on the backs of jerseys misspelled. I have seen equipment people provide a player with the wrong jersey. These things, while not the norm, are not uncommon. Mistakes happen. And they are even made by people paid not to make them.

The story is a nothing and it is even less when told by the Chicken Little crowd, who have lost credibility through their persistent demonstration of their pervasive bias.

And referencing their writing skills and even my own is fair game when they insist on raising a meaningless writing error made by some unfortunate individual not present on this forum to defend himself/herself. The reality is that we are all human and we all err from time to time. And those that live in glass houses should cast no stones.

23. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +960
    LOL......I'm wondering where you live. Are you a San Diegan? Native? How long you been there? Your inability to relate to what San Diegans are posting in huge #'s and also what the national media have now caught onto is telling. You are taking everything personally and rationalizing for the Spanos' who have been an abject failure througout their 33 years of ownership of the Chargers. You hurl personal insults at post after post.....kind of like Don Quixote going after windmills. If you'd like to make political analogies, you are like Richard Nixon in the last days, talking to paintings in the White House.....isolated, denying, blaming others.

This is not the media and fans piling on.....they are objectively seeing an owner who got greedy and schat on an entire fan base. San Diegans have every right to be bitter and to with failure on that owner. If you saw what happened to Art Modell and Robert Irsay in CLE and BAL you'd at least be able to understand historically this is exactly the normal response and what happens to those owners. Only if spanus wins like Modell did in BAL or Irsay finally in IND will he get the monkey off his back to a certain extent nationally, but that will NEVER get the monkey off his back in San Diego.....Baltimore and Cleveland fans STILL to this day despise Irsay and Modell. Simple. Look at your history books and learn from it instead of lashing out at those who are posting their understandable feelings re: a terrible owner.

Maybe you should wait until spanus actually accomplishes something other than 4-12, 6-10, 8-8 records , or mirage teams like 2006 and 1994 that tease the fans but don't amount to a hill of beans.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,567
    But SDC at least does it with panache! ;)

25. Bristol University

Bristol University BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Harry, you Sir are a diabolical and comedic genius!

26. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +634
    Been awhile since I heard panache. Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,567
    Sigh... I guess I will have to demonstrate to you what you posted as you seem to not know what you type out before you hit post...

So what sport does Trump and Clinton represent? Why is it you feel the need to drag that into here? It does appear to me that you are butt hurt about how Trump is being treated. So take that to the political threads... Any further question on what you typed out?

You are welcome to your opinion of those who chooses not to follow the Chargers. You can try (and fail) to draw similarities to where there are none. But they have every right to follow or not follow, if that is a problem for you, well you will have to cowboy up and learn to live with it...

Again, you try... and fail... to excuse a distinct lack of professionalism on the part of the Chargers organization. How many of those numerous examples can you equate to a team that has just moved, and is trying to build a following iin a new and arguably hostile city? Don't dodge this question, answer it... How many of those other vague references happened in the regular season. People get fired from teams for those mistakes. So feel free to continue to try and excuse away the inexcusable when the Chargers are supposedly "FIGHTING FOR LA" and realize that if this is the way they fight, the war is already lost. Care to refute with more than anecdotal, vague happenings?

You can try and insult your way around this. Your opinion of the credibility means nothing to anyone other than yourself. In fact your whole argument seems predicated on the fact that you are butt hurt that people are calling out these mistakes rather than excusing them. So what if people exaggerate them in their angst against the team. That does not excuse their occurrence.

ahhh... ok, more humanitarian weak sauce I guess... I don't think there is even a coherent thought represented here. but let me ask you, where was your glass house mentality last season when you were trashing the coaches and players?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +960
    Conc is to be commended. He is a huge fan of the Bolts, just like we all were (or are as may be the case) yet he is able to criticize the management and call it out when it fails to live up to expectations......and fans have every right to expect their team to put together a competitive product and at least win a championship or get to the dance once every 15-20 years or so.

Conc also is able to give leeway to those of us San Diego diehards who were crushed by the exit of our team. We are no longer able to lend support or cheer for them because of it.....it's our choice just as it was for the cities I mentioned who did the exact same thing, felt the exact same way about those owners who crushed them. Likewise we should give leeway to the Conc's of the world who are able to continue to support the team......particularly if they are outside San Diego.

Good man Conc. I'll have to admit it will hurt whenever they win this year but won't begrudge you your right to cheer on and have a team to pull for. I'm sure you also would be ecstatic if Spanos sold or somehow that team made it back where it belongs in SD (hopefully without the current ownership). I'm dreaming for that day, then we'll all be on the same page again hopefully. The other scenario might be a whole different team coming to SD. I'm hoping for that as well....and if you continue to support the Bolt after that we may become mortal enemies LMAO!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +547
    If there is no accountability or care for attention to detail from the top it just seeps through the entire company because no one gives a damn.

This is why they are a losing organization. The sad thing is that it's easily correctable but the owners just don't care.

30. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,757
    I said from the beginning that I understand the non-San Diegans still hanging on. They don't have the same attachment that people from the city do. Maybe as strong in other ways, but not the same kind. I still can't get there with San Diegans who continue to support the team, I honestly feel like they are traitors to their home.

As for Conc, I may have come off as harsh at times, but I do like the dude.