1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You hate it, you fix it - Who to fire and Who to replace

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 4, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    This was a good point Conc made - for those who want people fired (and trust me I'm in the group) - that if you want to fire people (norv, rivera, aj, shelmon, etc.) you should know who you want to replace them with.

Ok so here you go; whoever you fire you put a name out there to replace. Frankly do that as much as you can with players too.

So here's my $0.02 for off-season

GM: AJ Smith (he is removed from all coaches decisions. He will work with whomever I tell him to and shut the **** up. He will improve immediately and stop being so completely adverse to FA signings or he will be fired in 2011)
    HC: Russ Grimm (Former Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator - Arizona Cardinals) - A former hog, a hard nosed SOB, someone who preaches toughness and physicality and fundamentals. Just what we need.
    OC: No idea, TBD. See who gets fired etc
    DC: Wade Phillips We were successful with him before, we played incredibly hard under him before, I can't see why we won't do it again.

Following players cut, and their replacements next to them

Clinton Hart - Kevin Ellison (or in FA Dawan Landry)
    Antonio Cromartie - Antoine Cason
    Marcus McNeil (if he wants too much money) - Daryn Colledge in FA
    Jeromey Clary - I don't care
    Shawne Merriman - if he wants too much money
    Shaun Phillips - I don't care

Resign
    Vincent Jackson

Trade Block
    Kris Dielman

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Just blow up the entire defense and start over.

3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Bring Houck back....he made our line what it was when LT was the chosen one.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Houck

• Like Like x 1
  4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    This thread is ridiculous... go to bed.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    cut - Clinton Hart
    sign - Brian Dawk...oh **** too late

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    ay ay ay ay ay we need players who play for the millions they make

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Ridiculous is the product on the feild this evening........

We need a new strength and conditioning coach as well.....this is too many injuries. We didn't break down this quick in the past.

8. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    When do peoples opinions count with you. Do you have an answer or are just a nay sayer?. Just asking!!!!!

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Release the entire defense, promote the entire practice squad, then release DE Andre Coleman (that seems to be the pattern with this guy).

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,616
    :icon_rofl:

11. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    No doubt. What happened there AJ? Diamond in front of your face.

Imagine Weddle and Dawk back there.

A couple chunks of beef on the line, a DC with a vision (Wade, excellent observation Ant) and we have a 'D' again.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    As a note, this is at least something to work our frustration at - other then cursing and being pissed off, this at least suggests a solution.

Wanna call this moronic or worthless? That's your right. Shows you have your own frustration you don't wanna deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Fire Norv and Bring in Chucky

14. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    FIRE NORV and bring Brian Billick, Chucky, or woo Mike Singletary away from the 49ers. We need SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL not this soft touch stuff we are getting now. We need a coach that will MOTIVATE these guys!

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Jesus christ. :tdown:

This is why I do not venture into the threads as much or at all.

Ant - slap yourself. :trout:

The team needs line help and not stupidity.

We need two if not three defensive tackles, a right tackle, a Center, and maybe a right guard. Then we need QUALITY depth on BOTH SIDES the LINES. I can not bang that drum any harder. The defensive front 7 is getting ABUSED and it starts on the D-LINE. The proverbial war is won or lost right here (trenches) and we do not have the horses even on a good day to get it done.

The defensive secondary if fine. Cro if fine. Hart, Jammer and Ellison (shows promise) are set. Chambers is gone next year. Move Osgood to WR. We need another monster LB.

I have been saying Cottrell was a scape goat and I see no difference between what Rivera runs and what Cottrell ran. Nada. Fans are idiots. There does not need to be a scorched earth policy or ethnic cleansing of the team. We have however, regressed since Marty's departure.

Trade Merriman, Hester, Floyd, Buster Davis and cut LT after this season if he does not accept a vet minimum contract.

If this team does not make the playoffs, Norv Turner is gone.

A.J. Smith is GOD and Spanos is the Anti-Christ. :bolt:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,616
    You are a fan, therefore, you are an idiot.

:lol: Hart being set :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: dude can't tackle/cover to save his life

in b4 trumpy excuses and Jammer reference

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Look who the Cat dragged in!!! :icon_rofl: Where have you been hiding T-Man? Under a rock somewhere?

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The idiots are obvious. Fix the line and the secondary will SHINE as it did before. That is why you and most forum rats freaking suck *** at knowing who to cut or even WTF they are watching. That is why it took YOU YEARS to tuck tail and finally admit Jammer ain't all that bad. It is the same freaking stupid ****.

Most of you do not even consider the fact JESUS FREAKING CHRIST could man every position in the secondary and even his *** will get torched by the devil himself if he has all day to bust a move.

This secondary group set RECORDS for INT's when the god damn front 7 did their jobs yet most want to purge the entire group or the key players who would make a difference - HART and Weddle included. That makes sense to 99.99% of the posters and why Jammer coincidentially called the fans idiots. Touche' :tdown:

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +475
    beat me to it :icon_rofl:

As far as a solution

IF this season is a waste, Fire Norv, Rivera, get Rex Ryan (oops) I mean Singletary (oops again) get a tough innovative agressive SOB as coach

Let Merriman go in FA (if he plays decently maybe a put first round tender or a sign and trade), Cro's gone also

Bring in beef in the draft !!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    I concur :icon_toast:

21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,600
    You slap me around and yet you do that which you claim I should be slapped for.

Holy Illogic Batman

22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,616
    At least I didn't sell out on the team and cancel my season tickets because I'm so much smarter than everyone else.

GTFO and take your holier than thou attitude with you.

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I WANT BEEF !!!

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,600
    I agree 100% but along with beef there's alot of other things I want too, like a new SS, another CB, a HC/OC/DC with balls, etc

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,616
    Also, seems like all the people who were upset after game 1 are starting to be justified in thier disgust for our opening performance.

1 game is a fluke, 4 games is a trend.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You started with none sense about AJ (as though his job is even remotely threatened at this point) ...... then you ended with Dielman on the Trading block. :tdown:

In between, .... is basic ****.

Illogic ?:tdown:

27. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,616
    You support Hart. Therefore, every point you ever make is invalid.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,600
    AJ made a big schpiel about how he wanted continuity in hiring Norv and Cottrell. That hasn't exactly worked out for us. And frankly looking at Singletary and Ryan both of whom I wanted BADLY, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

Dielman isn't as nasty or as effective as he used to be so I'm wondering if anything can be gained for him.

I actually agree with you about the front seven and the trenches, I've been big on the need for prime beef with you from the get go. But there's issues that need to be met as well, including Cro, Hart, Merriman, etc.

At the very least this is here to give people who are pissed off some mental exercise to work on how to fix it.

People just go running around calling this bullshit and whatnot are full of it themselves - at least have the balls to argue and not name call (not claiming your doing this)

29. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    AJ is on the hot seat. Spanos is thinking of Beathard right now, I guarantee it.

30. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192