1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You hate it, you fix it - Who to fire and Who to replace

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Holier than thou? :icon_rofl: Kiss the tip :yes:

Your posts reek of "sell out" in the game day thread to the point of making a billy goat puke. :yes: At least I am a realist that will take a stand on principle. Big difference. Tell me how you feel the day we learn the Bolts are out of here and you paid full boat for season tickets. Who is the "smart" one now? :icon_rofl: We shall see.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    A good DL would make the secondary look good, and maybe make Hart not look like the crappy player he is :icon_shrug:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Dielman is playing like ****. AJ is responsible for the beef you drone on about. You want to make excuses for AJ and Hart and whom eve else but bag on others?

Get over yourself, your opinion is no better than anyone's, so get off the high horse all ready.

Your analysis consists of saying 'errr get more beef' Ok, who? Who is responsible for getting beef, and who has not done it of late?

Nut up and answer that if you can.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    So how did Hart do?

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    :tup::tup:

If people think that Norv's job is in doubt, than AJ's is as well. Hart is ****, always has been, and always will be. We should move one of the younger safeties up at this point and get rid of hart to save some cap.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Taking a stand? :icon_rofl: Oh man, I'm sure the team is just PISSED you did that. Especially that guy who's sitting in your old seats every week now too. Taking a stand? HAhahahahHAhaha.

Yes, we all know, you're so friggin smart. I mean, I actually surprised the Chargers haven't hired you yet. But I'm sure you'll remind us a hundred more times before the night is through.

As for my post reeking of anything other than immense sarcasm and rage, well, I wouldn't expect you to think it was anything other than serious bizness, because footaball is serious bizness. I was taking a stand.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Like he usually does: Blew assignments, got lost in coverage, got ran over a few times, whiffed tackles, got blown by Tony at halftime, then more of the same in the 2nd half.

He did however have 1 good tackle when he only got drug 3 yards.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dielman is having to help out MOOCH MORE than he should which does not let him do his job. Dielman is not whiffing blocks ala Leander Jordan.

You and the rest who think my horse is any higher than the rest need to get over their inferiority complexes. Yeah right.

If anyone is to blame ... blame SPANOS. :bolt:

9. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Dielman has been whiffing left and right this year, he was giving up sacks to seymour before Hardwick got injured.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Is that all you got ? Vained attempts to discredit? :icon_rofl:

It makes you look pretty silly but you are used to it by now. :yes:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    :lol:

I don't see anyone other than you trying to act like you're smarter than everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Discredit? I can do that in one word:

Hart

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Oh man that is funny. Dielman is helping no one. He is getting beat one on one.

BLAME SPANOS?! BLAME SPANOS!?! He hired AJ to make football decisions. The ones like getting beef. You want to give him a free ride when you preach beef every year? You give AJ a free ride and then blame Spanos. Did AJ get the beef we needed? YES OR NO?

Dude, your takes are weak...

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Please tell us how a ****** Center helps a kickass left guard play....ahhh fack it. You got toyota. Dielman all of a sudden sucks so that is the mantra of the day.

Sooo original.

Man oh man.

Some things just never ever change. :lol::tdown:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The one trick pony strikes again. :lol:

I am just wondering when you will start patting yourself on the back and say "I was right about Jammer all along.... you see, cut him...I am smart" :icon_rofl:

16. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

They all suck. Amazing that people try to defense anyone on the offensive line when they can't open one hole for the running game and let our QB get clobbered over and over. You have obvious bias' towards certain players on this team and it clouds your judgment.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    And you strike back with your ONE thing on me: Jammer.

Right back at you. At least I was man enough to admit I was wrong. You'll take you stubborn manlove for Clinton Hart's burnt *** to the grave with you.

18. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    I don't think the OL is the problem two young guys starting is never easy (murck, Vasquez), let's give them time, get a RT in the draft though

The DL is the problem, in defense of AJ I think he thought he could get one more year out of Jamal, and maybe Martin would be ready by next year, maybe OG and Martin can become decent starters in time

19. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    Our offensive line has been a problem since Norv took over and overhauled a scheme that had been working during the 07 offseason. THat year Rivers got sacked over and over again, prompting many to want him benched (the trumpet included) after the Jacksonville game. To this day it still struggles giving our quarterback time, and it gotten progressively worse in the run blocking department.

20. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Another concur, Cro cannot cover man to man, and has proven that since he had the responsibiliy.

Having talent at skilled positions mean jack shmidt if you don't win the battle in the trenches.

It's not who to cut, but who to keep.

In my opinion, saying this team is destined for failure this season, let's keep...

Rivers
    Sproles (unless he wants starter type money)
    Cooper
    Gates
    Vjack
    Floyd
    English (he's young)
    Jammer
    Cason (may not be the best tackler, but much better than cro)

That's about it. So much more to touch on but way too much to take on as a single post, those are the guys that are worth keeping around imo, bare in mind there are probably a few more.

21. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Wow, touche on both accounts, you were wrong, you did admit it, and he is STILL wrong about that pos Hart :lol::tup:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Trumpy is a WARRIOR.

That is all.

PS....Fire Norv and Hart really does suck.:lol:

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    McNeil and Dielman are set. They are rock solid. We have no one to back them up and that is a problem.

My judgement is not clouded on ANY player. They either ball or they suck effing ***. Period.

I know posters like to play their silly *** games because they can and you are no exception.

24. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    even so, this offense can win a championship, the defense is the main problem

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I only support who I think gets us the hardware. Posters like you and others enjoy using "oh but doesn't that players family attend your tailgaters?" as though it makes a difference but it sure sounds good in a post. :lol:

I least I nut up and tell players familes that if their boy sucks, they will hear it and most have heard that in person on more than one occassion. :yes: This is probably about the bazillionth time I have posted this but alas......it does not matter. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  26. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Same Old **** in SD. One loss = Change the entire team.
    No doubt some changes on the lines are required but fcukin over reaction to Nth degree on these boards.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I agree with just about all of this except the following...
    Russ Grimm for HC... Not a bad idea actually. Put him on the list of possibilities along with Gruden, Billick, and maybe Cowher.... then make a decision.
    Don't cut Shaun Phillips. If English or Cooper develop, he will too!!!

28. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    draft best... trade release sproles... trade for michael crabtree!!

29. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Let's talk short term....Like after the bye....Obviously there are going to be no coaching changes right now....Here's what I think they need to do immediately:

1. Move Cro to nickel corner and start Cason for the rest of the year opposite Jammer.

2. Start Applewhite in Shaun Phillips' spot until his groin gets healthy....Start English in place of Merriman until he is also 100.

3. Start mixing in more running place to help control clock. Get creative with the playcalling to open some holes. Use the 3 headed monster of LT,Sproles and even a couple of Bennett carries.

4. Bench Hart and start either Ellison or Spillman. No one is doing the job. Even Weddle is barely adequate.

5. Keep our DLinemen fresh and regularly rotate Travis Johnson, Boone and Cesaire along with Castillo and OG. Getting Johnson back I hope will help this group a little.

6. When teams are gashing us with the run, let's get Dobbins, and Ellison in there early to give a couple of extra hammers.

• Like Like x 1
  30. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Great putting in backups and some backups of backups will really make our defense better?? WHy not just sneak in the USC defense in chargers uniforms"?