1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You hate it, you fix it - Who to fire and Who to replace

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 4, 2009.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Damn..

I like Ellison but I mean, if he hasn't been able to push Hart out of the way for the spot than that makes me kind of insecure. Unless Norv has some kind of man love on Hart.

:icon_shrug:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Gotta be poof. No one else is this publicly stupid.

3. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +164
    Every year we have Norv here is another year wasted. Players get older, contracts get more expensive and fans get more and more pizzed off because of all the promise and potential this team HAD. I say had because last year was "our year" and Norv took us to an 8-8 finish in the worst division in football.

The Chargers pizzed away a chance at a pretty good season in 2008 by all the errors that AJ made (releasing LoNeal, hiring Norv, letting Burner Turner leave, Signing Wilhelm to a big deal, etc, etc). Not to beat a dead horse but Spandex Spanos needs to fire both AJ and Norv at the end of the season. They haven't done the job... they haven't gotten it done. That's why they fired Marty because he couldn't get it done- so let's hold these two clowns responsible for the actions.

SAdly AJ found the "guano touch" when he hired Norv. He hasn't made a good personnel decision since then. Now everything AJ touches turns to crap.

4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Fire AJ Smith.

If he didn't know before this season that this team would be soft then he is a RETARD.

I told the guy to sign Pat Williams DT as a FA a few years ago. I told him to draft Phillip Merling over Cason (not that Cason is bad but we needed the beef and Merling is playing amazing football but is dinged up at the moment). I told him to keep Greg Manusky and promote him to DC and hire one of the Ryans or Singletary as HC. I told him to trade LT and sign Michael Turner long term. I told him signing Luis Castillo to that MONSTER contract was THE WORST MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE. I told him Merriman is nothing without his steroids. OF COURSE THIS TEAM IS SOFT AJ YOU DUMBASS.

I have given AJ a free pass for too long. No longer do I consider AJ a good talent evaluator. He is a mediocre GM and mediocrity is failure in the NFL or any professional sports league for that matter. There is nothing to be done that can salvage this season. The only way the Chargers win big is if Sproles goes insane on special teams, Kaeding hits every field goal for the rest of the season, Scifres pins every team inside the 10 on every punt and Hardwick comes back and the Polish Putzes sit their asses on the bench and the o-line lets Rivers put up 42 pts a game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So was your boi Martin a good p/u or not? I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of AJ - I think the kool-aid has been stale for awhile personally. Just wondering how you feel Vicious is coming along?

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Martin is a project. CIS is girlie-man league. You don't plug a guy like that in right away to face NFL elite. He needs 2.5 more years before he's ready. Never said anywhere he should start right away but that we should include him as a part of the rotation (seeing as how ****** the other dlinemen are it can't hurt).

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

Yes! Anyone who thought he would be contributing this year is clueless. The guy is a total project who shouldn't have even picked up any meaningful playing time until next year. Now he's being forced into the rotation which could be good, or it could end up being really bad.

8. ThunderNLightning

ThunderNLightning BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Here's my 2010 chargerss lol...

QB -Rivers (obviously)

WR Resign V.Jack
    WR Nanee at #2 anyone?
    TE Gates
    LT Resign Mcneil
    LG Dielman
    C Hardwick
    RG Vasquez (wait an see)
    RT ??? (cut Clary good lord)
    cut craig what a buster davis
    RB there are a number of ways we could go....sproles is a gadget an all yall know it....we need another back...if we cut LT then we should resign sproles an draft a pwr back in the 4-5 rds an go to a smash and dash running attack...javarris james from miami in the 4th-5th....

RE Cesaire (everyone cant be a superstar -he's solid)
    NT 1st rd pick Terrance Cody Alabama
    honestly we should move on from j.williams he's 34 coming off season ending surgery and contract ends in 2011 cut williams( i love that guy but this is business!)
    LE Castillo (the only guy playin D right now)

ROLB put jyles tucker here *see MLB
    LOLB English( he's a 16th ovr all pick-he wasnt drafted to be a situational pass rusher) merriman we gotta let go...i dont want him to turn into a Lavarr arrington...who was a baller for the skins until he got hurt then became a 3rd down pass rusher (like how were using merriman now) this is the NFL. i wish him the best but......
    MLB shawne phillips
    MLB stephen cooper * see below...

i switched up the linebackers to get the best talent on the field. not really familiar with burnett...tucker has 6 sacks an was servicable last year...while some will greatly disagree...i believe we should consider it or go grab a true MLB!!!

CB jammer
    CB Cason but.....I KNEW IT!!! i never like cromartie....followed him since FL ST were he played in maybe 6 games and had 1 start an which he balled out on miami then tore his knee an then entered the draft LOL he played multi positions in high school an was never a true corner...just an athlete...and i had to bite my tongue when he grabbed 10 picks an that nasty one hander on manning...an the field goal return...he's not polished...just a rare athlete....i like cason though....

CB is a hard position. #3 in my ranking of hardest position to play. u cant have a journey man or an athlete-he's gotta be a true corner since pop warner unless he's deion...but nobody is DEION no such thing as a shut down corner...just DEION

cromartie contract ends in 2011....trade him. sounds foolish but look at all the pieces put together on this defense that i made an not just focus on 1 position

FS wasnt a fan of weddle at first but he's playin some ball now

SS use to like hart but lets move in Ellison....we can keep hart but give the kid from USC a look
    k kaeding
    p who ever??? scifres...its a friggin punter

with these cuts, trades...or draft picks we should be nice...there are changes but i kept the True bulk of talent in tact-keeping in mind players health, age, contractual status, how good they are...an the fact that u no longer have time to build a team in 5 years...miami and falcons turned it around quickly...even if they dont make playoffs this year...those teams are way better than they were before. ints ands sacks are just stats....we need to create "pressure" and force a tom brady to check down or a manning to settle for a lesser play.

we need to be able to run the ball....starts with RT...look at the packers...u need a RT folks!!!

fire AJ Smith im tired of his hit an miss bullcrap
    we get a stud who plays for a season or two and then we draft a bust...repeat process....

buster davis......hmpf....

norv turner excellent QB coach, wise on offense....but not a head coach....rivera were is the D? fire norv.....

i dont believe in recycling old head coachs like a cowher...the game changes every 3-4 years an taking a break away from the game can prove to be drastic....

i want a sled driver for a head coach....trash can baby....a head coach who hates everyone an wants u to play with a broke ankle....a hard ***, but i want him to have the knowledge to know when to back off (coughlin when he won the superbowl an allowed plax to get his rest)

we should get a rt in the 2nd round or free agency....u cant run 3-4 without a nose....the NT in a 34 D is the heart....kill the head an the body is dead! u kill the NT an the rest of the D is done! NT 1st rd

later rounds we get a power back some o-line depth and maybe another end....hopefully we can shake up things before the oct 20 deadline....maybe move out merriman or someone an get picks....o-linemen....u know...make it work AJ!!! leslie nielson lookin motherf

• Like Like x 2
  9. ThunderNLightning

ThunderNLightning BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    From my earlier post....

Gates contract ends in 2011 as well....he will 29 i believe???

sign him to a 4-5 year deal an give your team the cap space it needs....from what i saw in that steeler game, that toe is no longer a problem for him....gates plays TE different from the other tight ends in the league....he's playin basketball out there...he will be able to contribute much like a Shannon sharpe well into this 34-35 year of age an retire a charger....

an why are we in a bad spot with 7 key free agents??? do u not trust the talent u aquired AJ? when u sign guys to long term deals it allows the team to aquire talent in the 2-3 year range....sign gates, mcneil....and V.jack....those guys can play some football an give us some room in free agency and the draft.... we still have a great football team...

a few minor adjustments and maybe 1 or 2 major decisions ( the LT saga and the cromartie/merriman debacle) but we can draft, trade...an wiggle around free agency and get back to an improved 11-5 ball club...

rivers is an elite QB....v.jack has emerged...we got gates, nanee looks good though he shoulda went for that 1st down...(young player mistake) sproles shud b paired up with a pwr back....resign mcneial at LT they are rare...

retool(not rebuild) the defense...move a couple guys around....u know...