1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your 2007 #1 Wide Receiver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Aug 19, 2007.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

HAha by the way... which site can I make my most money off of?

2. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

no E.P.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    No silly. We are going to trade L.T. for Randy Moss.

:icon_rofl:

4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Chargerqeen and I are getting a little one.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Congrats.

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Didnt floyd lose his starting spot to Davis yesterday??

VJ-Davis-Floyd, in that order

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    You read a lot into preaseason dont you?

Davis started before him and had like 7 plays. If that equates to Floyd losing his starting spot, in you mind so be it.

8. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    What i got from that is they wanted Davis to work with the first team, getting in sync with Rivers, why would they do that if they didnt think he is gonna be the starter early this year??

Floyd was hurt last year and missed alot of chances to work with rivers, so i dont think its a case of just getting davis extra chances because Floyd is already set to go

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    All reports from camp indicate Rivers has the highest comfort level with Floyd. That is why I am not writing him off.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Damn Jackson is catching some mad air on that play. How the fawk do you defend that ****.:bolt:

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Jackson needs to stay focused 110% of the time if he wants to be #1. And make no mistake - even though we have multiple threats, someone needs to step up & become a #1 threat in order to draw that type of defensive attention. As it stands right now, most teams will attempt to shut down Gates & LT & take their chances with the other guys. That needs to change. We need a VJ, Davis, or Floyd to draw more attention in order to really free up LT & Gates.

Maybe VJ needs some ritalin or whatever is being used for ADD nowadays. I just think that the dude has some serious attention gaps from time to time.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You don't. That's why this season is going to be so much fun. If people are concentrating on LT and Gates, then VJ, Floyd and Buster will drive defenses nuts. People have been keying on Gates and LT anyway, but what good has it done them? If the playbook really is twice the size of last year's, then scouting our tendencies is going to be damn near impossible because of all the targets Rivers has. We haven't even mention Legedu, or Manu or Sproles yet, either. There are plays in the book that might not even be until the postseason action starts. I WOULD feel better if I could just see a peek at what the defense is going to do besides play out of position in the backfield.

13. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Thats pretty high, but i do think he will be top 15

14. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

15 is still to high, I hope at least 30th.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It's going to be tough for any Charger receiver to place that high since there are so many targets on this team and they are going to spread the ball around, but he will be one of the more feared. Of that I don't have much doubt. Floyd and Davis will also generate their share of fear and loathing. Then there's LT, then there's Gates, then there's Legedu. How many teams have six legit targets? If you count Manu, we have seven. They will be fun to watch.

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Manu isnt a luxury target and neither is Chandler. Manu had a whole 14 catches last year.
    I dont really care if we ever have a 100 catch guy. Id rather have two good ones like Cincinnati and Arizona. Fitz got over 100 before but they suck and were always behind.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my opinion here.

I do not care all that much if we have a #1WR or not.

I am happy that we have a lot of targets for Rivers to throw to and give the teams we play something to think about.

Maybe one game our #! will be Jackson, another it could be Floyd and other could be Gates. That is what I love about our offense is that no one person is going to get that double team because they are the #1 WR.

18. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    my boy floyd guaranteed a good season when he signed my jersey. so i say he will be in the top... 20 at least and im thinking he'll have himself a highlight reel playing on sportscenter for a couple of games. i can hear the guy say "malcolm floyd blah blah blah, malcolm floyd blah blah blah LT blah blah blah, malcolm floyd TOUCHDOWN SAN DIEGO!!!!"

19. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    For a rookie, Davis seems really polished. One thing that came to mind in this last game is that he's already making the adjustments from college to pro very smoothly. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I have yet to look at him and see an ounce of fear or trepidation. I think it's that sense of confidence (that he belongs) which will make him a PR favorite.

I'm still not convinced about VJ. MF is definitely on my radar of players to watch these last two games. I think he's elevated his game and is ready to make a bigger impact.

20. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

I agree, I would rather have MF as our #1 than V.J.

21. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Vincent is going to have a breakout season. I nabbed him as my 2nd reciever in my fantasy league at work.

I'm predicting 1,000 yards, and 10 TD's:tup:

22. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

I am predicting 14 dropped passes.

23. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

BTW

E.P. for President and # 1 WR

24. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    That would be sweet if it came true, but my magic 8 ball is telling me I have a better shot of landing Jessica Alba in a three way with Adriana Lima.

25. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

HAHA let me barrow that ball!

26. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Either way you cut the cookie, I don't give a uckf who catches the most passes or who we throw to the most.
    [​IMG]
    BTW, Jammer for 9 picks this year. [​IMG]

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    BORROW not BARROW...........stop trying to be like Concudan. It is humiliating. :lol: