1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your 53..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, May 12, 2014.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I hope all of Y'all take care out there during these fires.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Character issues aside, I'd roll the dice on Greg Little. At least just for training camp to see what he can do. He has problems with drops and also not being clean enough in his routes, but he's a big body at 6'3 and thickly built. You can see every time he catches the ball he turns his body up field to try and pick up more yards, that's the running back in him. That vision up field could fit this offense. He has great leaping ability and speed as well. He could turn out to be a solid depth guy or a #2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Well maybe for a try out but he REALLY has trouble with drops. If they thought he could be a solid #2, I doubt they would of released him. They had seen enough. However, its cheap to let him tryout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Well, lets be honest here, the Browns organization isn't the best to be around. Continuous coaching changes being made, new owners, etc. Every year something comes up. Maybe, put in a culture where the mindset is all about winning and there is stability, and also some solid locker room guys in place here he gets things turned around. I think in this offense he has the potential to be a solid #2, doesn't mean he is one now though.

5. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Your making big money and if you want to keep making that money and more, catch the damn ball. I'm not buying that excuse. Gordon didn't have that problem playing for the same team. He thrived with a crappy QB. Little dropped the ball. He had potentual but it isnt coming to the forefront.
    Bring him in for cheap, . but i wouldnt call him a solid #2 when he was run out of town for underachieving and dropping passes. He still has to make the team. I dont know if you can fix his hands but it dont hurt to bring him in. I just think saying he could be a solid #2 when he has undeachieved isnt worthy til he shows it.

Wired via Nexus 5

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    To be fair, Little's 3 years in the NFL top any Chargers WR not named Keenan Allen in the same amount of time.

Player A
    Rec: 155
    Yards: 1,821
    TD's: 8

Player B
    Rec: 105
    Yards: 1,819
    TD's: 10

Player C
    Rec: 89
    Yards: 1,020
    TD's: 10

Player A is Greg little
    Player B is Malcolm Floyd
    Player C is Eddie Royal

7. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    LOL, what kind of comparison is that? Royal hasnt even been here 3 years and was injured a lot his first year, not to mention he is a #3 WR. Floyd has only had one season with 50 or more receptions mostly due to being a china doll and Rivers spreading the ball around like he does. I dont think VJ ever had 70 receptions here in a season because of that.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    You were suggesting Little can't catch the ball, I was stating that his 3 years in the NFL he still has more receptions than any of our other WR's. It doesn't matter that Royal wasn't here for 3 years, he was in the NFL was he not?
    As a number 2 wide out, I would welcome bringing him in for TC for he is far superior than anything out in the open market right now. And at his current salary 600,000 how can you not give it a tryout?

Now I agree he did have his share of stupid mistakes and wishing to forget moments, but at the same time, having a QB like Rivers he would arguably be the 2nd best WR on this team.

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,581
    I'd bring him in for a workout, see how he looks, if he's in shape give him a go.

Otherwise no harm no foul.

10. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    OK, Royal had 91 receptions as a rookie and 187 his first three years, though he didnt play for us, but he did have more. Is that on par with what you want to do? I still dont see your point.
    It is a fact that Little had drop issues. Go to a Browns forum and ask how much they liked him and what his problems were, ...or, you can just read this http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2014/05/cleveland_browns_43.html

But sure, bring him in. Just dont expect him to be the second best WR on the team.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,581
    99% of Little's drops happen in the middle of the field to, regardless of depth, the man is scared to get hit.

Still maybe a change of scenery and QB would do him good, and a tryout wouldn't cost us anything. I remember Terrell Owens used to have the same issues, still was one of the best of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Look at Gordon's targets compared to Little's in 2013 lol. Gordon had nearly 90 more targets than Little. Towards the end of last year Gordon was Cleveland's only chance at winning, I believe some games he had 10+ catches back to back. He was consistently relied upon in that offense.

Listen, I'm not saying he is a solid #2 now, but he has the potential to be one and would be worth a look. I mean in this offense, if you have the ball in your hands and have some sort of vision and imagination, you'll pick up YAC. That's the problem right now, we don't have that many NFL ready players who have what Little currently does (NFL experience, height, weight, speed) to contribute right away.

But Little has never played with a QB that could touch Rivers' quality to be honest. I'm not making an excuse, it's a fact.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    We're already at 90 players on the roster, so we dont even have room for him.

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    And Gordon had less drops which is kind of the point. Did you read the link I provided?

15. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Is it really being contested that Little has terrible hands?

16. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +491
  17. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
  18. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I hear we tried to toss him the perfect offer, but just couldn't connect-- slipped right through his fingers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Gordon is a superior talent to Little. Yes, I did read the article when it was first posted.

It's not a secret that Little has struggled with drops, he was a former RB and is still growing into the position. I'm just saying looking at our WR corps I would take a flier. But oh well, looks the the Raiduds got him.

20. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
    Vincent Brown WR: Starting! No way

21. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Its been 4 years. 3 of which are in the NFL. How much time do you think he should get? The Browns felt that was enough time when your not improving. Glad he is a Raider and look forward to him dropping a few against us....if he makes their team.

22. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    Gates, Green, Phillips, Johnson, Byrne, Otten and Flacco.

Surely we don't keep 4 of em on the 53?

23. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    We very well could keep 4, as Johnson is a FB/HB type rather than a true TE. No different than going into last year with Gates, Green, Phillips, and McClain.

24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,581
    And 4 RBs as well, it would be foolish to expose Grice to waivers by trying to hide him on the PS.

I also think 6 WRs is very likely, maybe even 7.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    I love how KA said he's planning on taking Reece under his wing to help make "sweet feets" transition to the NFL a lot smoother than the one he had to go through last year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    2 QB Rivers, Clemens

4 RB Mathews, Brown, Woodhead, Grice*

4 TE Gates, Green, Philips, Johnson

6 WR Allen, Floyd, Royal, Reese*, Inman*, Brown

8 OL Dunlap, Rinehart, Hardwick, Watt, Fluker, Harris, Ohrenberger, Watts

24 total

4 DE Liuget, Reyes, Guy, Palepoi

2 NT Lissemore, Carrethers,

5 OLB Johnson, Ingram, Freeney, Attaochu, Law

5 ILB Butler, Te'o, Conner, Walker, Gachkar

5 CB Verrett, Wright, Williams, Marshall, Davis*

2 FS Weddle, Stuckey

3 SS Addae, Gilchrist, Darby

25 Total

1 PK Novak

1 P Scifres

1 LS Windt

3 Total

* kick and punt returners

27. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I just edited what you had. I'm gonna roll the dice on not having a true C behind Hardwick, but I feel as if Joe D can coach anybody up at any position on the OL. Although, C is one of the hardest positions to play on the OL, I think Watt or Rinehart could be serviceable there.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Orhnberger filled in at OC. Rhinhart probably will not. I have a hard time seeing Wat doing it either as a rookie.

29. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Yeah it's tough because I like all of those OL. We can move Watts to the PS and Ohrenberger makes the team.

30. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +206
    V.Brown has really gotten down in your rankings huh? I at the moment think his our 3rd WR behind Allen and Floyd. If Reese improves along with Brown bouncing back, we'd field a young and talented WR crew