1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your Offseason wish list!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT teh ghost, Jan 17, 2006.

1. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    What is your wish for this offseason....how do you want this team to improve and who do you think they will go after?

2. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Here in Chargerland, we want to upgrade our secondary with a better cover corner or free-safety. I also would like for us to draft an offensive tackle with our 1st rounder. In later rounds, maybe we can get a decent WR.

3. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Good topic!

Here is my wish list:

1) New DB coach.
    2) New OL coach.
    3) Young OT.
    4) Stud WR.
    5) CB.

4. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Definitely need to improve the secondary. I still think Jammer should be moved to safety.

5. boltfan

boltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree with moving Jammer to safety. This guy can't cover his own shadow without committing a pass interference penalty. It's like he suffers from dementia whenever he turns his back towards the opposing quarterback. Has the subject of moving him to safety ever been discussed by the bad decision makers of this team?? He's a bust at corner, but he's still a very physical athelete. Strong against the run, physical, and fast.....just what you want at the safety position. He could be a faster version of Rodney Harrison. It almost makes too much sense for the management and coaching staff of this team, so my guess is it'll never happen. I predict the Chargers will let him go and some other team will pick him up and he'll thrive at safety (probably the Raiders!)

6. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's why

Of course Jammer should be moved. But here is why it hasn't happened yet:

1) Someone with the pure athletic skills as Jammer is given every chance to develop as a corner first. Every team does this. Shutdown corners are a premium and if you can develop one, you are gold. Of course stud safeties are nice to have but not as coveted as shutdown corners.
    2) Jammers contract comes up soon and if the Chargers move him to safety, they won't be able to match offers when he becomes a free agent. Because... some team will still take a chance on him as a corner and throw lots of money his way. The Chargers wouldn't pay that same money to keep him at safety.

My guess is Jammer leaves after next season as a free agent. The Chargers will barely lift a finger to keep him. Let's hope the Raiders break the bank to play him at corner.

Coming out of college, Jammers big knock was he couldn't find the ball in the air. That is still his achilles heel. I think he lacks the feel for corner.