1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your opinion on the next 4 games

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Nov 1, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Merriman will be out the next 4 games. These next 4 are very crucial for our run to the playoffs.

Honestly, I know we can win them all. We will beat the browns, not overlooking them, but its just that type of matchup. The clowns are ranked 28th in the league in rush defense but 5th in pass defense. Guess whos gettin the ball sunday? Nuff said. The browns are ranked 31st in total offense(31st in run, 27th in passing).

I honestly believe we can beat the bengals. 17th passing D and 25th in run D, again, guess who is going to get the ball. These two games are gunna show the world how big LT and MT are for us. The bengals are ranked 18th in total offense(24th in run, 12th in passing). Again, looks like we need to control the game with LT and MT.

Moving on to Denver, where like KC, we dont win here. But I believe if we play a flawless game, (unlike last year DB throws a pick, returned for a td) we could pull this one out. We play Denver close but can never come out on top. Denver is 10th in D(7th v.s run, 15th v.s passing) while there offense is 19th(3rd in rush, 30th in passing.)

The raiders are....WHO CARES, THEY SUCK!! They put up 98 total yards v.s PIT and still win? Our D should pound this team again, not worried here.

Chargers stats...RANKED 3RD IN OVERALL OFFENSE(2ND IN RUSHING, 15TH IN PASSING) WHILE OUR DEFENSE IS RANKED 2ND RANKED(6TH V.S RUN, 6TH V.S PASS)

I would love to see us go 4-0 but can seriously predict 3-1. Opinions please.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    We'll go 3-1, I think we'll beat Denver but I dont know about Cinci, we struggle BIG TIME against passing teams.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Browns = prison sex. Win

Bengals = shootout. Win

Donkos = prison sex thanks to the chosen one (go ahead and put 50 guys in the box Shanarat-bastard and #17 will torch your ***). Win

Raiders = prison sex (which they like :yes: ). Win

4-0.

Done deal.

Broncos suck ballsweat.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Denver game will be the toughest, and presents the best (or worst from our viewpoint) opportunity for a loss.

I am also in the 3-1 camp.

Although I'd be happy to declare myself wrong if we go 4-0 in the month of November. :yes: :icon_mrgreen:

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Agree 100%

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Win Cleveland
    Win Cinncinati (their defense is really bad as is their OL)
    Loss Denver (prove me wrong)
    Win Raiders (gangbang Walters)

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    I agree. Everyone thinks they are not as good as last year, maybe so. But each week they can get hot, and they will be a big challenge for our secondary.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    All I know is if we beat Denver in Denver, we WILL win the division.

9. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    i like the Chargers chances in all 4 games very, very much because of our big 3 (Rivers, LT, Gates)

but winning @ Cinci and @ Denver is gonna be TOUGH and we may be looking at losses. but those are realistically the only 2 games we lose for the rest of the season.

:bolt:

10. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I can agree with that, but dont wanna see it. I believe PR is better than DB from what I am seeing. DB has made alot of dumb mistakes when the pressure is on. PR is a bit smarter. I always counted on DB throwing atleast 1 pick a game. PR I cant see him making these mistakes. I believe we go into denver and steal one...hey why not, we are always on the other end..why cant we get one sometime?

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Before I give a valued opinion - I need to take a pissss.......and put out the rumor mongering about me at Chargers.com :icon_rofl:

PS....Thanks Drunk for giving me a heads up.... :icon_mrgreen:

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I'm thinking 3-1 is absolutely the worst we can afford to do. We must win big without Shawne. Like everyone is saying, Denver is tough. We suck there. But whatever, we marched into Indy last year and got the job done. It's about damned time we put the donks down in their house.

13. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    2-2

I think we lose to Cinci and Denver. We just haven't been able to win those close ones, and I don't think it starts with these two teams.

14. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70

i agree were goin into cinci and denver and stealing 2

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Even with Merriman out... I'm confident enough to say "We'll win ALL 4!!!!":bolt:

When Merriman, Igor and Phillips are back up front... WE'LL BE DOMINATE!!!:bolt:

16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Reppen ya because I like the prediction.

4-0! Oh yeah baby!

17. t.druann

t.druann New Member

Ratings:
    +86

I absolutely agree.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah. I know. Like Indy...the best passing offense in the league always carves us up...

Er...what do you mean we beat 'em up in their own house last year?

No, we don't struggle against passing teams. We struggle against teams with big backs and good tight ends.

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Clev - Win. They better not lose when I come all the way down to SD for this one.

Cin - Another test for our passing D. Not having SM there could hurt, but I see a pick from my boi in this one. Bolts win in a close game.

Den - No freaking idea. That place has our number, but now we have a guy who can fuk them if they stack the box. Marty should practice M & T in SD, fly up on Wed and rent some gym to do walkthrus Th and F. Let the team get used to the thin air up there.

Turds - Slam dunk. Win.

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    4-0

bank It

• Like Like x 1
  21. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    I'll take 3-1 even if the 1 loss is to denver, after these games the only tough game is at seattle (the Chargers better sweap at home this year specially against division opponents)

22. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Hate to say it, but we go 3-1

Yeah, I have to agree that we can go 3-1 ove rthe next 4 games.
    The fact is that Denver's "D" is sick...& I'm never happy about playing there...until we actually WIN there!!
    Cleveland....they should just forfeit now!:icon_rofl:
    Cincy....we can win this game...& I believe we will!:tup:
    Denver....we drop this one!:no:
    Oakland....people plz...anbother team that should forfeit!:icon_rofl:

We go 7-2 heading into Denver, drop that one (God I hate to admit this ) & then look forward to revenge against them when they come here!!:tup:

Go Bolts!!:bolt:

23. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Church M'Fer!:bolt:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    You know what I think?

PHUQ DENVER

I'm so fuggin' sick of hearing this "we don't win there" bullshit. That's why this team blows close games in the end, it's expected.

It's time to change the entire attitude. We're going into Denver and we're gonna skullfuk them.

4-0 w/ot Merriman.

25. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Strong. Real strong. :tup: :bolt:

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Exactly.

This fugging team has the horses to get it done and they just need to get in ROID rage mode and clean fuc-king house.

Fuc the Broncos and us not winning there or KC and that **** does not fly putting it down as a LOSS.....

I hate that **** and fans need to NUT the fuc up.

Rivers is the "Chosen One".

27. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    We will survive these 4 games. Even at 7-4, we would still be in the hunt for the playoffs.
    Lets compare schedules with denver..

we have in order clev, @cincy, @den, oak, @buff...
    they have @pit, @oak, sd, @kc, sea.....

We finish with den, kc, @sea, ariz
    they finish with @sd, @ariz, cin, sf

I think this is a big part of both team schedules. I think denver can lose the next 5 games. Highly possible! while we can win our next 5.

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I want to sweep the rest of the games and go into the playoffs on a massive roll .....

The league will get ape raped. :bolt:

29. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I say we go 3-1 MAYBE 4-0. Our loss will be either at Cincy or Denver, but not both.

30. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    we will win out. cleveland is a joke (ne1 agree about cro on winslow?), especially w/ orpheus and mcginest healthy. cincinatti relies on their passing game to win, and i really think cro can play with henry. if florence plays like his usual self, we win this game, easily i hope. rudi will get shut down, and LT should tear it up. denver will get beat bc plummer sucks. denver turns it over, and if rivers is smart and doesnt throw at bailey, we will win there too. it seems like jammer can shut ne1 down if he really wants... and oakland sucks.