1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your thoughts on Bill Cowher...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reef shark, Nov 1, 2006.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i had a bit of a disagreement today with a buddy over cowher. he was sayin that bill cowher is overrated, and that the steelers won the super bowl last year DESPITE bill cowher. he went on to say that he always chokes, and is a horrible game planner, also bad at make game-time adjustments. this had a lot to do with his decision to play ben las week, but i disagree with this crap. cowher is one of the best in the business. i think pitt wouldve choked last year w/o him.... what do u think?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    He is a popular coach and has been coaching one team longer than most coaches coach. He must be doin sumthin right.

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    almost exactly what I was going to say.:yes: But I'd add that he has a big *** chin and spits alot

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Bill Cowher is 143-87-1 as the Steelers' HC in his now 15 years timespan.

That's a 62% winning percentage.

He's had only 3 or 4 losing seasons in that period, and has taken his team to the playoffs in 10 different seasons.

Since over 15 years, there have been dozens of different starting players, I would think that his coaching had much to do with the overall success rather than just a group of players.

Plus, Cowher is something like 114-11-1 when leading at halftime. That's a 90% winning percentage. I don't think any other coach has such a remarkable penchant for not blowing a lead in the second half.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    I would think not Marty :tdown:

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Well sure! You could put it that way if you wanted to get all factual...:unsure:

:lol:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
  8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He likes the jewels off his jowels. :yes:

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It allows his mistresses to get a good seat.....

:icon_eek:

:icon_rofl:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398

Tell your buddy to put down the kool aid

11. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I agree.... the record speaks for itself. The guy has to be doing something right. I used to think he was a jerk, but I like his fire and also that he can yell at the players and also be their buddy.... I think he deserves credit for being in the playoffs so many times.... I'm glad he finally won his superbowl. Now, KILL HIM!!!! :lol:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Cowher = Marty + BALLS

13. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Cowher hasn't always had the benefit of tremendous offensive talent, but his teams always seem to be competetive. When you look at some of the QB's he's been able to succeed with it's pretty impressive. This year his team is solid but his overrated quarterback has been losing games with turnovers.

So I don't think it's Cowher who's overrated--it's Roethlisburger.

A lot of fans don't like Cowher because he's probably the most conservative coach in the league. A lot of people compare him to Marty but Marty has loosened up a lot in the last few years. But if you like defense...I can't remember ever seeing a bad defense under Cowher, and a few of them have been great.

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't like him, but that's based on nothing more than me being sick of seeing him. Plus, I imagine he has bad breath and nothing upsets me more than when someone who looks like they have bad breath is screaming all the time.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,591
    He's probably one of the best coaches in the league right behind Bellicheck and Dungy

16. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    NOTHING upsets you more? :icon_rofl:

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,356
    If Cowher leaves Pittsburgh, it won't be to uproot his family and come to SD.

I guess Cowher has balls because he one a SB last year, because before that, he was just another sacless Marty disciple, at least according to most of you.

The transformative power of the SB ring is something to behold. If Jeramy Stevens hadn't dropped every pass thrown to him in SB XL, and if the officials had called a better game, I guess Cowher would still be a loser. :icon_shrug:

18. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I have heard rumors that if he leaves pittsburgh it will be to coach at his alma mater NC State.

I heard he is building a new house in the Raleigh area, plus he wants to be closer to his older daughters who go to college in the Raleigh area.

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    No. Someone give him a breath mint.:icon_eek:

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,356
    That's the rumor I heard, too.