1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You're not a "true" Chargers fan if you root for the Donkeys to win SB48

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 19, 2014.

1. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    That's how I feel about Niner fans.

2. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    There's one main reason I wanted to see the Seahawks win: DEFENSE > Offense

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Just wondering, did anyone take a look at the Donkey boards? It must be pretty embarrassing when the halftime show is better than your team's performance...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,856
    That actually had me pulling for the Broncos a bit more.

I love it when cliches are proven wrong

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    In that case, it's not just a cliche, it's the truth. A great defense usually beats a great offense.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I agree, but you think it would be the other way around. The O has the knowledge of what they want to do and where they want to go... I have to admire D's that can turn that around on a consistent basis...

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,856
    It was the truth on Sunday, but it's not always the truth.

But...you're likely right when you say usually. But that's my beef. People usually substitute usually with always and perpetrate like the offensive team never stands a chance, and then feel vindicated when the odds back them up. I like it when they're knocked down a peg sometimes.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Air Coryell was blown from the sky many times and never reached their target. It wasn't always the best "defense" that brought them back to earth but it sure as hell didn't hurt. If only the Bolts had a defense half as good as the Stillers, Bolt history might be a bit different. Fact is, it isn't.

By the way, back in the day when there were two leagues an AFL fan would never root for an NFL team during the early Super Bowl years. After the merger when they became the AFC all bets were off and Raiduds, Donkey, Chiefs and later Seahog hate grew and flourished. I was there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I used to root along conference lines. Remember that run the NFC had against the AFC in the Super Bowl back in the 90s? Hated that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Considering the Bills and Bolts combined for five of the AFC losses during the 90's it's hard to forget. I still never rooted for the Donks who did win two Championships in the late 90's. I still can't root for a division rival.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Division rival or no - **** Denver and their horse-toothed, entitled, smug-assed John Elway.

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The times, they sure are a changing!!!!.

13. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    I can shoot & bury a Raider fan. Those dead-assed donkeys just keep stinking up the joint. lol

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    And that sentiment is exactly what I've been preaching, it's deep rooted from days long gone and the best football league I knew of, The AFL!!!!!!!!!!.

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    As a friend whould say, "Fuk Denver."

Nuff said.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I realize I'm a little late to this party…but a couple of too-late, inconsequential thoughts:

Like some here, I'm an old AFL guy, who loves that history…and thus will usually back the AFC representative.

On the other hand, in this age of offenses having all kinds of rule advantages, I like to see a great defense ('hawks) celebrated.

Sometimes obnoxious fans (Massholes, Donk backers) can make me defect from my default AFC allegiance.

Lastly, as much as the Manning adoration can grate, I do acknowledge that he's one of the finest competitors
    to ever play this game…and I remember seeing him (and Elway) come to the Q in May of 2012 to honor Junior…
    (something many Charger fans that live within 10 miles didn't donot disparaging them, but crediting these guys for coming)

All that said, I'm glad the Seahawks and my guy Lynch won it…but
    choosing sides wasn't the slam-dunk for me that it was for some here.

Elway & P Manning @ Seau Tribute.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    All excellent points my friend. With mentioning for sure. The Broncos owner is also good people, the only team to send an official rep and condolences to Coryells memorial IIRC.

I still hate donkey fans too much tho to ever root for the donks. No one gangs up on my mama, yells obscenities in her face, pushes her around and gets my forgiveness. They can all KMA.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

19. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Wait. So you're saying ganging up on your mama, yelling obscenities in her face,
    and pushing her around is not the way to score points with you?!?

['scuse me while I re-calibrate my strategy]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,856
    I'm sorry that happened to you but that's not all Donkey fans, just a group of idiots who give sports fans in general a bad rap.

I'm sure we've had some bad reps as well taking this stuff too far. That doesn't make us all bad fans either.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Nope, after the merger I felt the AFL sold out by becoming the AFC especially after they dropped the Stillers, Colts and Browns in the conference. I even still hate Minisoda for bailing on the AFL and allowing the creation of the Raiduds which in turn stripped the Bolts of some key personnel. I will never root for a division rival and a few other choice selections out there since 1970, but that's just me. I will say some of those facts are clouded with time but I think I'm close.

22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Wow! I finally met someone who can hold a grudge even better than me!

Obviously I have a slightly different take, but I can respect your reasoning...

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Obviously, you enjoyed some great ball like I did back then and I was all AFL or nothing. I'm a NL baseball fan only because the Pads were what I grew up with following baseball and I'd never root for the Dodger's, Giants or the Astros the Rockies don't count to me. I may be wrong, but that is just how it was.

24. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    It was an entire trolley car full - not to mention all the jackholes I've had to put up with in general at the Q and on facebook (friends of friends) when Raider fans are more classy there's a problem. At least most of the current Raider fans are loyalists, the majority of the donkey fans I've encountered in the last 5 years can't name more than 1-2 current players on their roster, let alone know anything meaningful about the game of football. They're arrogant bandwagoners at best. Seeing them meltdown like toddlers who needed a nap on Super Bowl Sunday was beautiful.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2